Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Aimless

Aimless

Waking up to my day, I yawn, stretch and blink my eyes.  Checking my phone to see that it's only 6:00 a.m.  Its summer, but I can't go back to sleep.

 I think about what I'll do today, but I still can't seem to get in a groove.  I think I feel differently about summer than my colleagues with children still at home.  It's a difficult transition for me without the hustle and bustle of my school schedule.   I see the light starting to peek through the curtains and decide to read my book, a guilty pleasure, Odd Apocalypse.  

I check my phone.  8:00 a.m.  Take a shower, make the bed.    I can't read all day.  I need a summer project.  Heading to the car, I get in and see where it takes me.   Automatic pilot finds the car heading to the local nursery.  It's quiet when I arrive because they are just opening up.  The owner gives me a chirpy, cheerful greeting and  I feel myself getting lost in beautiful colors and cool green plants.  It feels peaceful here as I walk along and feel myself drawn to the rows and rows of vegetables. What about this?   This could be my project!  

Back home now, I'm researching gardening, composting, healthy recipes and planning trips to visit my children and grandchildren.  I just needed a little jump start and now I don't think I'll mind waking up at 6:00 a.m. because I have so much to do!


Basil!

1 comment:

  1. I think I need a summer project as well! Not sure what that will be.....I guess I have to start my vacation first. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete