Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Grandma turns 100 years old!

I'm 58 years old. I'm a little over half the age of my grandmother.  She turned 100 years old this December and this was a reason to celebrate!  My grandma, Wynola, Nola or as the great grandkids call her, little grandma is a woman that I admire, love and appreciate.  

The qualities that I remember about her as I was growing up are still alive and strong in my grandmother.  I realized this Saturday just how very lucky I am to have such a beautiful woman in my life.  As a child, I remember her warm hugs, sweet treats and the time she took to just sit and talk to me.  She always cared about what was going on in my life.  She still does. She told me just this weekend how she loved to hear my laughter and what a wonderful teacher I am. I seem to turn into a small child again when I'm in her presence, one that feels safe and warm in the knowledge of what it feels like to be loved unconditionally.  Seeing her interact and teasing my granddaughter about her pink boots made me jealous and want to be 3 years old again.    

I had fun this weekend watching my grandmother make everyone else smile and laugh. She says she's ready for the next 100 years. 

My Grandma, Aunt and Granddaughter
Happy Birthday Grandma!



No comments:

Post a Comment